Summer Management: The chickens are comfortable with a temperature of about 23.8 °C and up to 29.4 ° C. While the temperature of the egg house is above 32.3 ° C, the birds are uncomfortable and the amount of food intake consumed by low. Over 37.8 ° C, the mortality rate is higher. In addition, the farmer often faces low egg prices. Therefore, an emphasis is placed on adequate safety of keeping birds during hot weather.
The following tips are recommended for birds to be comfortable and to reduce deaths in the summer months:
- Give clean and Cold-drinking water at all times. If crushed ice can be provided.
- Place a shady tree around the chicken house.
- Use a tube type spray on the roof. Spray can reduce the heat inside the poultry house.
- To maintain proper airflow, clean the wire mesh regularly.
- Reduce the thickness of the old-built litter. Offer two-inch new litter for the old trash.
- Artificial light is desirable in the early hours of the day, so birds drink more in the cold hours of the day.
- Make a lot of soluble grams because chickens can adjust their calcium intake. It will save torn and broken eggs
- Probiotic compounds in drinking water, electrolytes, Vitamin C help in reducing the stress of heat.
- Fan ventilation in the summer.
- Feed in the cold hours of the day. Vitamins and minerals are added to the feed.
- Hang wet Gunny-sack bags on the edges.
- Put water in pottery.
- Give the sprinklers in the pen.