Cleaning & disinfection are two crucial steps for profitable poultry farming
- Cleaning is a two step process. Dry cleaning followed by wet cleaning. Dry cleaning should not be used for cleaning poultry houses infected with air houses infected with air -born diseases such as: Avian born diseases such as: Avian Influenza or Newcastle disease.
- Organic materials such as manure, blood, dust or dirt absorb disinfectants and makes them less effective. Organic matters must be cleaned thoroughly before applying the disinfectants.
- Disinfection is the least reliable step of bio-security as it depends on many factors such as:
• The quality of cleaning
• The hardness of water
• Quality and suitability of disinfectant
• Correct dilution and application
4. Types & characteristics of selected disinfectants
5. Most of the disinfectants are highly toxic hence personal protective equipment must be used while handling them.
[themo_button text=”Read More” url=”http://www.fao.org/docrep/014/al876e/al87600.pdf” type=”standard”]