– The official report on the first outbreak of Newcastle disease this year was in Luxembourg in May within Europe.
– The first cases of Newcastle disease were observed on June 28 in Belgium, according to the Federal Agency for the Safety of the Food Chain (FASFC). Affected were around 3,600 birds at a farm in East Flanders.
– There were thirteen outbreaks of Newcastle disease occurred at different locations in the country between April 26 and July 7.
– Eleven of these outbreaks were in small hobby flocks, and one was at a dealer in hobby birds in Liege, Antwerp, Hainaut, Brabant Wallon, Brabant Flamande, East Flanders, and West Flanders.
– Newcastle disease hits another commercial farm On July 13 at Waregem in the province of West Flanders.